On September 27th, DragonForce will unleash their 8th full-length album, Extreme Power Metal, worldwide. Produced in Los Angeles, California by Damien Rainaud at Mix Unlimited, Extreme Power Metal was also recorded, in part, on guitarist Herman Li’s livestream channel on Twitch with participation from the fans. For a first preview of the album, a video for the new single, “Highway to Oblivion”, can be viewed below.
“Highway to Oblivion” will also appear today July 30th as a playable level in Audica, a virtual reality “rhythm shooter” from Harmonix, the makers of Rock Band and Dance Central. Armed with a pair of rhythm blasters, players will be able to step into a cosmic arena and smash targets to the beat of the song. A standard edit of the song will be available as well as the intensely challenging full-length version. Clocking in at just under 7 minutes, the full-length version of “Highway to Oblivion” on expert will be the most difficult song on the soundtrack to date. A flawless run with precise accuracy, timing, and form will earn players one of the coveted top spots on Audica‘s global leaderboards. For a preview of gameplay, follow Harmonix’s Twitter and Facebook pages.
Extreme Power Metal will be available as a CD Digipak, 2LP+DL and digital.
Preorders for the physical album are available here:
“Highway to Oblivion” can be downloaded and streamed from your preferred service.
Extreme Power Metal tracklist:
- Highway to Oblivion
- Cosmic Power of the Infinite Shred Machine
- The Last Dragonborn
- Heart Demolition
- Troopers of the Stars
- Razorblade Meltdown
- In a Skyforged Dream
- Remembrance Day
- My Heart Will Go On
- Nov. 2 – Liquid Rooms – Edinburgh, UK
- Nov. 3 – Welly – Hull, UK
- Nov. 4 – Stylus – Leeds, UK
- Nov. 5 – Academy 2 – Manchester, UK
- Nov. 6 – Institute – Birmingham, UK
- Nov. 8 – Forum – London, UK
- Nov. 9 – The Waterfront – Norwich, UK
- Nov. 11 – Engine Rooms – Southampton, UK
- Nov. 12 – Tramshed – Cardiff, UK
- Nov. 13 – Roadmember – Northampton, UK
- Nov. 14 – Northumbria Institute – Newcastle, UK