Thrash metal icons, Sacred Reich have announced their long-awaited new album, Awakening, their first new music in 23 years, will be released on 23rd August via Metal Blade Records.
Today the band drop the title track at DSPs for streaming and purchase, as well as an accompanying music video, shot by acclaimed director Mark Pellington (U2, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Public Enemy).
Album pre-orders are available now from: metalblade.com/sacredreich, where the record can be purchased in the following formats, including a special box set and an array of limited edition vinyl. Exclusive bundles with shirts, plus digital options are also available.
- Box set (digipak CD, flag, pins, sticker – limited to 3000 copies)
- 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
- Clear / red marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 700 copies)
- Beige / grey marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- Clear red / brown marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
- Clear / black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- Clear / black circle w/ white / red splatter vinyl (EU Webshop exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
- Black / white splatter vinyl (EU Ebay exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
- Clear / black splatter vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- White / black haze vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
Sacred Reich’s new album showcases everything a fan would expect and hope for from the Phoenix, Arizona crew; a timeless collection of blistering thrash, crushing grooves, killer solos and socially conscious lyrics that demonstrate an understanding of everything that matters most in the world today. The return of Dave McClain, who manned the drum throne from 1991 to 1997, and the addition of 22 yr old Joey Radziwill on guitar, alongside original members, guitarist Wiley Arnett and vocalist/bassist Phil Rind are integral facets of the record. Phil Rind says:
Dave is such a killer drummer and person. He works every day to become a better drummer, and I mean every day. His work ethic is inspiring. As much as he has accomplished, he is still open to what comes. Joey brings a higher level of musicianship and tightness to our band, and he brings a freshness to us. He gives us an opportunity for us to see things from a different perspective, and all of us were blown away by what he can do with a guitar and how effortlessly he does it.
To track the album, the band headed to Platinum Underground in Mesa, AZ, with producer Arthur Rizk (Power Trip, Cavalera Conspiracy) and engineer John Aquilino. The album was mastered by Maor Appelbaum at Maor Appelbaum Mastering, CA. Regarding the recording, Rind adds:
Going into it, we had a loose idea as far as knowing that we wanted some fast, heavy songs to honor the old school fans that have supported us and got us to this point. We wanted everything to happen naturally. We didn’t want to force anything and we are super stoked with every song. It is easily the best thing we have ever done. Regardless of what happens with the record, the experience of making it was enough to satisfy us. Obviously we hope people like it, but even if it tanked, it could not change the way we feel about it. We know what we did.
- Divide & Conquer
- Manifest Reality
- Killing Machine
- Death Valley
- Something to Believe
Sacred Reich tour Europe this summer and again in November with tickets on sale now. UK/IRE dates run as follows:
- Nov. 27 – London, Underworld
- Nov. 29 – Newcastle, University
- Nov. 30 – Glasgow, Classic Grand
- Dec. 1 – Belfast, Limelight 2
- Dec. 3 – Dublin, Voodoo Lounge
- Dec. 4 – Wolverhampton, SteelMill
Header image by Stephanie Cabral