Footage of prog maestro Steve Hackett rehearsing “El Niňo” from their newly released album The Night Siren has arisen ahead of their 15 date UK tour which is to kick off this time next month. The video can be seen below.
This is of course to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Steve’s last album with Genesis; Wind and Wuthering. This will be the centrepiece of the set although we understand that alongside this, we are to be treated to an abundance of classic Genesis tracks such as “The Musical Box”, “Inside and Out” and “One For The Vine” as well as plenty of Hackett’s own material, the highlights of which will be the first live performance of “Rise Again” from 1999’s Darktown along with material of their newest release. In short this is going to be banging.
On the tour, Hackett says
I’m thrilled to bring my latest show of Genesis and Hackett numbers to the UK, adding additional numbers such as ‘One for the Vine’ and celebrating the 40th anniversary of Wind and Wuthering, one of my favourite Genesis albums and popular with Genesis fans the world over
Joining Steve on the tour are musicians Roger King on keyboards, Gary O’Toole on drums/percussion, Rob Townsend playing sax and flutes, Nick Beggs on bass, stick and twelve string and Nad Sylvan on vocals. The dates can be seen here.
- 26th – Dublin Vicar Street
- 28th – Cardiff St David’s Hall
- 30th – Reading Hexagon SOLD OUT
- 1st – Birmingham Symphony Hall
- 3rd – Sheffield City Hall
- 4th – Bristol Colston Hall
- 5th – Manchester Bridgewater Hall SOLD OUT
- 7th – Liverpool Philharmonic
- 8th – Portsmouth Guildhall
- 10th – Southend Cliffs Pavilion
- 11th – Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
- 13th – Oxford New Theatre
- 14th – Cambridge Corn Exchange SOLD OUT
- 16th – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- 17th – Gateshead Sage
- 19th – London Palladium SOLD OUT
Also available is footage from the launch party of new album The Night Siren in London on the 13th of March. It can be seen here.
The Night Siren is out now via Inside Out Music