British Blues rock guitar prodigy Joanne Shaw Taylor is pleased to announce ten dates in February 2024. Planet Rock will start a 48-hour ticket pre-sale at 10am GMT on Wednesday 15 November via their website.
The tour kicks off on Saturday 17 February 2024 at Manchester Royal Northern College of Music, takes in London’s O2 Indigo on Thursday 22nd February, and finishes on Thursday 29 February at the Palace Theatre in Southend-on-Sea.
Joanne will perform songs from her recent critically acclaimed albums Nobody’s Fool, and The Blues Album which topped Billboard Magazine’s Official Blues Album Chart. She will also perform new songs from her forthcoming album including “Sweet ‘Lil Lies” and recent single “Black Magic”. Crafted alongside Kevin Shirley, the iconic producer, at the legendary RCA Studio A in Nashville, “Black Magic” is the fruit of a collaboration with stellar artists such as Rob McNelly, Doug Lancio, Alison Prestwood, Jimmy Wallace, and Anton Fig.
I originally wrote “Black Magic” for my album Nobody’s Fool and intended for it to be an instrumental called “Butterbeer Blues”. But then, I decided to give it lyrics and transform it into a fun, traditional acoustic blues song. Hopefully I succeeded and you’ll enjoy the rootsy vibe!
The lyrics unfold a tale of entrancement, spellbinding love, and the mystique of attraction, all delicately wrapped in Joanne’s signature guitar brilliance. As she readies her next studio album, fans can expect a cocktail of her signature guitar riffs, emotive vocals, and inspired songwriting.
Joanne Shaw Taylor 2024 tour dates:
- Manchester – Royal Northern College Of Music – Saturday 17 February 2024
- Glasgow – Queen Margaret Union – Sunday 18 February 2024
- Leeds – City Varieties Music Hall – Monday 19 February 2024
- Sunderland – The Fire Station – Wednesday 21 February 2024
- London – Indigo at The 02 – Thursday 22 February 2024
- Wolverhampton – Wulfrun Hall – Friday 23 February 2024
- Norwich – The Waterfront – Sunday 25 February 2024
- Bexhill – De La Warr Pavilion – Monday 26 February 2024
- Bury St. Edmunds – Apex – Wednesday 28 February 2024
- Southend – Palace Theatre – Thursday 29 February 2024