Bloodstock is pleased to reveal another six bands joining the fray at Catton Park this summer, hailing from not just the UK, but also Spain, Finland, and Egypt! The Metal 2 The Masses finals kick off soon too, so make plans to support your local event detailed below and you might even get to win a pair of weekend tickets for just taking a photo!
Appearing on the Sophie Lancaster stage on Sunday are Anglo-Finnish tech progsters Wheel. Expect to hear some tracks from their recently released debut album Moving Backwards, including perhaps, their latest single “Where The Pieces Lie“.
Joining them are Preston old school thrashers Solitary, recently reunited with guitarist Gaz Harrop after an 18-year gap and celebrating their 25th anniversary in 2019. Listen to “Wait” from their recent album The Diseased Heart Of Society.
Spanish thrash beasts Violblast are set to melt faces on Sunday’s Sophie stage, shredding tracks from latest album Theater Of Despair, which they’ve kindly added to YouTube in full. Go listen!
Adding to Sunday’s Sophie mayhem are Egyptian blackened death metal outfit, Crescent, who released latest album The Order Of Amenti via Listenable Records. Investigate “Beyond The Path Of Amenti” and see if this is what your Sunday at BLOODSTOCK needs here.
Finnish metal squad, Blood Red Hourglass also grab a Sunday slot on the Sophie stage. The band are readying the release of their 4th studio album, Godsend for 31st May. While you may be priming your ears for new music at Bloodstock, check out “Quiet Complaint“, the opening track from their 2017 album, Heal.
Joining the Sophie Lancaster stage bill on Saturday are British prog instrumentalists, The Parallax Method. You may have caught the band live before, as they’ve graced the stage at a previous Bloodstock, as well as slots at Download and Hard Rock Hell. Check out their video for “You Gotta Be Squiddin’ Me“.
Bloodstock is very proud to support the grass roots scene and its renowned Metal 2 The Masses scheme is now reaching its finals stage for 2019! Events are listed in full below, so support your local scene and watch one of your local bands win a slot at Bloodstock in August. You also stand a chance of winning a pair of weekend tickets by taking a cool photo at one of the events and posting it to your social media of choice (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) using the hashtags #M2TMFinals2019 and #BloodstockFestival, ensuring your post is set to public (so we can find your entry). At the end of the finals tour, we’ll choose our favourite photo from each platform and that winner will receive a pair of weekend tickets to Bloodstock, so feel free to enter on more than one social platform if you so wish to maximise your chances!
- Sat 27 Apr – COVENTRY The Empire
- Fri 03 May – GLASGOW Ivory Blacks
- Sat 04 May – SHEFFIELD The Mulberry Tavern
- Fri 17 May – BELFAST Voodoo
- Sat 18 May – DUBLIN Fibber Magees
- Thu 23 May – NORWICH Brickmakers
- Fri 24 May – OXFORD Wheatsheaf
- Sat 25 May – MILTON KEYNES Craufurd Arms
- Sat 25 May – LEICESTER The Dryden
- Fri 31 May – HITCHIN Club 85
- Fri 31 May – STOKE Underground
- Sat 01 Jun – WOLVERHAMPTON KK’s Steel Mill
- Sat 01 Jun – BURNLEY Sanctuary
- Fri 07 Jun – BOURNEMOUTH The Anvil
- Fri 07 Jun – WREXHAM Memorial Hall
- Sat 08 Jun – CARDIFF Fuel Rock Club
- Sat 15 Jun – POLAND Miejsce Rude Boy Club
- Sat 15 Jun – NORWAY Oslo Rock In
- Fri 21 Jun – LEEDS Wharf Chambers
- Sat 22 Jun – MERSEYSIDE Liverpool EBGB’s
- Sat 22 Jun – NOTTINGHAM The Maze
- Sat 22 Jun – NEWCASTLE Trillians
- Sun 23 Jun – MANCHESTER Rebellion
- Fri 28 Jun – ESSEX Colchester The Soundhouse
- Sat 29 Jun – NORTHANTS Northampton Black Prince
- Sun 30 Jun – BRIGHTON Green Door Store
- Fri 05 Jul – CHELTENHAM Frog & Fiddle
- Sat 06 Jul – BRISTOL The Exchange
- Sat 06 Jul – LONDON Nambucca
- Sun 07 Jul – BIRMINGHAM Hammer & The Anvil
- Sat 13 Jul – SOMERSET Bridgewater Town Hall
The last 150 VIP tickets, including limited Podpads, Bellepads, and Octopads are available, plus limited remaining VIP upgrades (for those who’ve already purchased a standard ticket). Luxpads are already sold out! For full details click here. Standard weekend tickets are also in the ticket store, priced £145 (+ fees), snap yours up here. Day tickets will go on sale in limited quantities in June. Sign up for a reminder email here.
Bloodstock will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019.