The days are counting down until the doors of the O2 Academy Birmingham will be flung open and the venue will be hosting what is now the 3rd rendition of HRH Metal. Occurring on the 16th and 17th of February, the event promises to showcase a wide variety of metal and judging by the lineup, they will certainly be doing that.
Having began in 2017, HRH Metal was pitched as a new 2 day indoor festival to showcase a mix of both up and coming and established metal acts. With over 4000 people attending the first rendition, the organisers quickly realised they were onto a winner, particularly when the 2018 rendition of the festival sold out 6 months prior to the event. So with that being said, let’s take a look at some of the bands on offer at this years festival which we think are worth checking out.
- Brutai – A firm favourite at Moshville Times and with their recently released single “Upside Down” and an upcoming studio album, the London quintet are well worth catching.
- Ward XVI – Hailing from our senior editor’s hometown, the sextet have consistently been delivering fantastic performances with their 2017 Bloodstock performance packing out the New Blood tent despite having an early slot.
- Shade Empire – With their fantastic orchestral parts and flowing melodies, Shade Empire are sure to bring the melodic heaviness with what is potentially their first performance in the UK.
- Bloodshot Dawn – Hot on the heels of their recent Bloodstock performance and their new album, the band are again a favourite of the team and are one to watch if you’re a fan of the more “techy” side of metal.
- Internal Conflict – With album number 2 currently in the works, the band are escaping writing mode to bring the festival their unique brand of metal and maybe even a new song.
- Acid Reign – The UK’s premier thrash band who always deliver a fantastic performance. Not much more needs to be said other than you need to watch them.
- Decapitated – Need we say more?
HRH Metal takes place at O2 Academy Birmingham on the 16th & 17th February.
Tickets are still available starting at £25.