I think I’m right in saying this is the largest number of tour announcements we’ve ever had in our inbox after two days so I’m going to get on with it because this might take a while!
And who else could start off this list but the celebrated child prodigy, now blues virtuoso Joe Bonamassa. As the busiest man in this neck of the musical woods, he will hit many venues for the nth time accompanied by a hand-picked group of world-class musicians playing material from Blues of Desperation, plus classic Bonamassa tracks.
- 9th – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 10th – Arena, Manchester
- 11th – Sands Centre, Carlisle
- 13th – GE Oil & Gas Centre, Aberdeen
- 14th – Sage, Gateshead
- 16th – Genting Arena, Birmingham
- 17th – Centre, Brighton
Tickets for the above dates are available via a 72-hour ticket pre-sale from Planet Rock as of 9am on the 11th of July. The general sale begins at 9am on the 14th of July from ticketmaster and Joe Bonamassa’s official page.
Ryan Hamilton and The Traitors
Along with releasing new single “Smarter” earlier this week, Ryan Hamilton and The Traitors will play eight dates across the UK in mid- to late August. The band promise the shows will be “as close to a drunken rock n’ roll show in a Texas saloon that folks can get in the UK. Drinks, music, friends, good vibes and good times all around.” That sounds like something we may pop along too!
- 17th – Bannermans Bar, Edinburgh
- 18th – Think Tank, Newcastle upon Tyne
- 19th – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
- 20th – Sound Control, Manchester
- 22nd – Hare & Hounds Kings Heath, Birmingham
- 23rd – The Bodega, Nottingham
- 24th – Thekla, Bristol
- 25th – Borderline, London
Tickets are now available from the band’s official page.
Make Them Suffer (+Novelists and Cursed Earth)
With their newest studio effort Worlds Apart due to hit the shelves on July 28th, Australia’s Make Them Suffer will promote the new album with seven UK dates across October. As of today, the band have released new single “Uncharted” from the forthcoming album, the video for which can be found here. Fellow Aussies Novelists and Cursed Earth will bring their prog metal and powerviolence respectively to the stages. You may find yours truly down the front at the Brighton show!
- 23rd – Boston Music Rooms, London
- 24th – Rebellion, Manchester
- 26th – The Garage Attic, Glasgow
- 27th – Key Club, Leeds
- 28th – Sticky Mike’s, Brighton
- 29th – The Fleece, Bristol
- 30th – Rock City Basement, Nottingham
Tickets are out now via the respective venues websites.
Having been championed by Metal Hammer, Kerrang and Scuzz TV along with compiling a new lineup comprised of new vocalist Darryl Jones, bassist Kieran Agnew and guitarist/vocalist Ashley Currie, it is safe to say Sworn Amongst are not going anywhere. Along with the news of the new lineup and a UK tour, the band also defy expectations with the release of new single “The Cleansing”. With this new heavy-hitter and Lotus Eater supporting on the following dates, this will be a good one!
- 22nd – The Crowndale, London
- 23rd – Cavern, Exeter
- 24th – Subside, Birmingham
- 25th – Opium, Edinburgh
- 26th – Satan’s Hollow, Manchester
- 30th – Castlefest 2017, Luton
Uneven Structure (+Voyager)
This pairing will make a brilliant night out for the more progressively minded metalheads out there. With both bands coming off the back of stellar albums, this is a must see show, particularly with Uneven Structure playing their newest album La Partition in full on each of the six shows in October. You will be sorry you missed it!
- 9th – Underworld, London
- 10th – The Flapper, Birmingham
- 11th – Voodoo Lounge, Dublin
- 12th – Audio, Glasgow
- 13th – Satan’s Hollow, Manchester
- 14th – The Boileroom, Guildford
Tickets are available now here.
Unfortunately, this is more of a European tour than a UK tour. By that I mean there are only 2 UK shows. Nevertheless, it will only be a matter of time before they come back around the UK in support of their third studio outing Fear Those Who Fear Him, in the meantime we’ll have to travel or twiddle our thumbs…
- 10th – Boston Music Room, London
- 11th – Rebellion, Manchester
And lastly but by absolutely no means leastly, we come to extreme metal outfit Belphegor who will embark on a short four-date jaunt across the UK this October on their “Death Black Metal Crusade” tour through Europe. Joining them on this run of dates are Deströyer666, Enthroned, Nervochaos and Nordjevel. If you’re looking for heavy, look no further!
- 8th – The Dome, London
- 10th – Audio, Glasgow
- 12th – Limelight 2, Belfast
- 13th – Voodoo Lounge, Dublin
Tickets for the above dates are available now.