If you live anywhere near Warsop (Notts), then get Saturday 4th March in your diaries. A cracking collection of acts is putting on an all-day show to raise money for the Sophie Lancaster Foundation.
We are United In Fuzz, a collective of like-minded bands which work together to bring the best of unsigned talent from the spectrum of UK Stoner Rock and Doom bands. A brief history:
Stoff, bass player in Witch Tripper came up with an idea to form a society of bands to book gigs with, after wanting to get out on the circuit more but being frequently met with declines from venues due to the band not being able to fit or create a full night of music. After a discussion with John (guitar and vocals in Master Charger), the decision to start United in Fuzz began. Our main aim is to organise gigs throughout the country under one banner – by the bands, for the bands, sharing information and resources and helping bands which have the talent but maybe not the comradery and information as others.
After organising many gigs with fellow bands that we have recruited along the way, we are now coming up to our first all day festival.
Five out of the twelve bands have previously played Bloodstock Festival, two are coming from Ireland and all are the best in unsigned UK stoner rock and metal.
The line-up consists of:
- Witch Tripper – Nottinghamshire based stoner rock and roll 3-piece with 2015 & 2016 Bloodstock appearances and HRH Stoner v Doom 2017
- Mage from Leicester – doom laden desert rock n roll, Bloodstock 2016
- Master Charger – Nottinghamshire based down-tuned groovy doom!
- Cybernetic Witch Cult – riff monsters from down south, Bloodstock 2016
- Ten Ton Slug from across the pond – heavy riff-tastic groove, Bloodstock 2016
- 28 Double – Derby’s groove beast
- Two Tales of Woe from across the pond – Irish groove metal, Bloodstock 2016
- Sound of Origin – Desert filth from Yorkshire
- Black Chapter – Derby rock n roll groove
- Ten Days Later – Nottingham desert rock
- Sinners Sermon -Heavy Sheffield doom laden riffs
- Lodestone – Desert laden riffs from Nottingham
Along with this they will be proudly supporting the Sophie Lancaster foundation with a stall and on the day profits and donations.