SOULFLY have announced a string of UK (*cough*England and Ireland*cough* – Mosh) headline shows this Summer, as well as their main stage opening slot on Hyde Park’s British Summer Time date, headlined by metal overlords, Black Sabbath. The Phoenix, AZ-based outfit, fronted by Max Cavalera, also see a second ‘summer festival’ date, headlining the ‘Big Cheese Cave’ stage at Guilfest on Saturday 19th July. Full dates below.
A veritable workaholic, Max recently garnered rave reviews for his ‘supergroup’ side-project, Killer Be Killed, with good friend Dillinger Escape Plan’s Greg Puciato. The band was completed by Mastodon’s Troy Sanders and The Mars Volta’s Dave Elitch. This UK run comes in support of SOULFLY’s ninth and current studio album, ‘Savages,’ the first to feature Max’s eldest son, Zyon Cavalera on drums (Little-known, fun Soulfly fact: that’s Zyon’s ‘in utero’ heartbeat on the intro of Sepultura’s iconic track, ‘Refuse/Resist’!). The critically acclaimed opus also features guest slots from Clutch’s Neil Fallon and Napalm Death’s Mitch Harris.
As well as Zyon’s sticks skills, SOULFLY’s current line-up features longstanding guitar compadre, Marc Rizzo and Tony Campos (Static X/Prong) on bass.
Dates rack up as follows:
- Fri 4th July – LONDON Hyde Park (w/Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More)
- Sat 5th Jul – BRIGHTON The Haunt
- Mon 7th Jul – NEWCASTLE Riverside
- Tue 8th Jul – PRESTON 53 Degrees
- Wed 9th Jul – WOLVERHAMPTON Slade Rooms
- Thu 10th Jul – BELFAST Limelight 2
- Fri 11th Jul – DUBLIN Whelans
- Sat 12th Jul – YORK Fibbers
- Sat 19th Jul – GUILDFORD Guilfest ‘Big Cheese Cave’ stage
Tickets are on sale now.