July 2020 sees the publication of A Genesis In My Bed – the long overdue autobiography from guitar great and former member of Genesis, Steve Hackett. As with his music, Steve has written a highly detailed, entertaining and embracing tome that charts his life in full, but with a firm emphasis on his years with Genesis that saw the band’s meteoric rise to become one of the most successful British bands of all time.
Steve talks candidly about his early life, his time with Genesis, and in particular his personal relationships with the other four band members, with great insight into the daily goings on of this major rock band.
Naturally, A Genesis In My Bed also regales stories of Steve’s career since leaving Genesis and the many different journeys that it has taken him on. With his flair for the creative, and a great deal of levity, A Genesis In My Bed is also a riveting read. Indispensable for Genesis fans but also essential for general music lovers and avid readers of autobiographies full of heartfelt and emotive tales.
1,000 copies individually numbered and signed by Steve are available to pre-order directly from the publisher & the artist.
A reminder of those tour dates as well:
- Sunday 1 November – Brighton Dome
- Monday 2 November – Cardiff St David’s Hall
- Tuesday 3 November – Stoke Victoria Hall
- Thursday 5 November – London The Palladium
- Friday 6 November – London The Palladium
- Sunday 8 November – Edinburgh Playhouse
- Monday 9 November – Dundee Caird Hall
- Tuesday 10 November – Carlisle The Sands Centre
- Thursday12 November – Newcastle O2 City Hall
- Friday 14 November – Scunthorpe The Baths Hall
- Saturday 15 November – Bradford St George’s Concert Hall
- Monday 16 November – Southampton Mayflower Theatre
- Tuesday 17 November – Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Wednesday 18 November – Oxford New Theatre
- Friday 20 November – Guildford G Live
- Saturday 21 November – Bexhill-on-Sea De La Warr Pavilion
- Monday 23 November – Birmingham Symphony Hall
- Wednesday 25 November – Manchester O2 Apollo
- Friday 27 November – Leicester De Montfort Hall
- Saturday 28 November – Basingstoke Anvil
- Monday 30 November – Liverpool Philharmonic
- Tuesday 1 December – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall