A quick roundup of some news of upcoming and recent releases…
With their unique air of mystery and magic enveloped by some of the warmest and most addictive rolling riffs this side of the planet, Desolation Blue was recorded capturing the band’s energy at its very best – live off the floor at Rockfield Studios and Monnow Valley Studio in Wales. Produced by Barrett Martin (The Screaming Trees) once more, and predominantly engineered by Tom Manning, the sessions took just 5 days, giving Desolation Bluean electric, spontaneous edge.
Excited to bring Desolation Blue to the world, Buffalo Summer will be embarking on a string of UK dates from February 2020, kicking off in their hometown of Swansea. Full dates are below; tickets available now.
UK Tour Dates:
- 28th February – Sin City, Swansea
- 5th March – The Pier, Ilfracombe
- 6th March – The Station, Cannock
- 7th March – The Tivoli Venue, Buckley
- 8th March – B2 VENUE NORWICH, Norwich
- 10th March – The Black Heart, London
- 11th March – Waterloo Music Bar Blackpool, Blackpool
- 12th March – Bannermans Bar, Edinburgh
- 13th March – Nightrain, Bradford
- 14th March – Corporation Sheffield, Sheffield
- 15th March – The Patriot, Crumlin
Norwegian experimental blackened/grind band Husmanskost have released their new EP Solstice II. The EP was recorded at Husmanskost Records, and was mixed/mastered by John-Age Olsen. You can grab it via Bandcamp.
Husmanskost was formed in 2015 at Kristiansund, Norway by John-Åge Olsen (vocals), Kai Kofoed (guitar/bass) and Niklas Mortensen (drums). In the past 5 years the band released 4 albums, 2 EP’s and 2 Splits. Right now the band is working on a exclusive track for the United Nations Grindcore 2020 compilation by The Hills Are Dead Records.
This album was recorded in front of about 40 hardcore fans in a speakeasy in a secret location in Los Angeles on October 19, 2019. Now the rest of you can enjoy it! I’ve recorded my stand-up albums in comedy clubs, rock clubs and now an illegal club. Comedy is way more fun when you’re at the risk of being raided at any moment!
Special thanks to one of my favorite all-time bands, Saxon, for letting me do the comedic version of their classic album Denim & Leather. And I can’t wait to tour the U.K. and Europe with their singer, Biff Byford. They follow in a prestigious line of my album cover band parodies…Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin. But of course, the album is not just for rockers, but for all people who like humor with a rock and roll attitude. Comedy is like rock and roll… it’s no fun if it’s not dangerous. And being a comedian on Metal Blade Records makes the whole package complete.
In support of this record, Jamieson will be performing on the Monsters of Rock Cruise set to sail Feb. 8-13 before hitting the road in the UK and Europe this spring with Biff Byford. Each show will take an “evening with” format and will be split into two halves. The first half will be a comedy set by Jamieson, who will quiz Biff on all aspects of his life and his legendary career. The second half will be a live show featuring Biff and his solo band.
“School of Hard Knocks” tour dates – Comedy & Live Music Show with Biff Byford & Don Jamieson
- Apr. 17 – Gateshead Sage 2 – Gateshead, UK
- Apr. 18 – Birmingham Town Hall – Birmingham, UK
- Apr. 20 – Glasgow St Lukes – Glasgow, UK
- Apr. 21 – Leeds City Varieties – Leeds, UK
- Apr. 22 – Bath Komedia – Bath, UK
- Apr. 24 – Liverpool Arts Club – Liverpool, UK
- Apr. 25 – Aberdare Coliseum Theatre – Aberdare, UK
- Apr. 27 – Milton Keynes Stables – Milton Keynes, UK
- Apr. 28 – London Islington Assembly Hall – London, UK
- Apr. 29 – Brighton Old Market – Brighton, UK
Nefarious Industries proudly announces the signing of long-running Sacramento, California thrash assassins Psychosomatic, and is lining up the band’s rabid new LP, The Invisible Prison, for release this summer. A brief teaser video, the album’s cover art, and more have been issued.
Psychosomatic’s seventh full-length record The Invisible Prison features twelve tracks of modern thrash metal, crossing over with death metal and punk rock. The album was produced, engineered, and mixed by David Sanchez (Havok) at Riffs or Die Recordings, mastered by Mark Lewis (Chimaira, Trivium, The Black Dahlia Murder) at Audio Hammer Studios.