Grammy-nominated, Gold-selling metal heavyweights Killswitch Engage have announced their eighth album Atonement, out August 16th via Music For Nations. The album is available for pre-order here.
Singer Jesse Leach explains:
Unleashed is about inner passion and rage coming up to the surface. We all have that wild within that often stays dormant until a tragic event triggers and awakens it. This song is about that awakening within. I feel we were able to capture something raw and intense on this song and I’m stoked for everyone to hear it! The new album Atonement is a reflection of perseverance and passion through the trials and suffering of our existence.
Atonement is the culmination of a trying and turbulent two-year period. KsE started kicking around ideas for the album as early as 2017. The band recorded the bulk of the material separately on both coasts. However, in the middle of the process, a polyp developed scar tissue in Leach’s throat, forcing him to undergo surgery. The intense three-month recovery ended with speech therapy, vocal therapy, and scream therapy. The band ultimately emerged with an album that is further evidence of their undeniable legacy as one of the most enduring metal bands of the last two decades and beyond.
The elaborate illustration on the Atonement album cover was created by talented UK-based artist Richey Beckett (Metallica, Mastodon) with the band’s own Mike D’Antonio handling art direction and layout duties.
- The Signal Fire (featuring Howard Jones)
- Us Against The World
- The Crownless King (featuring Chuck Billy)
- I Am Broken Too
- As Sure As The Sun Will Rise
- Know Your Enemy
- Take Control
- I Can’t Be The Only One
- Bite The Hand That Feeds
KsE will spend the summer on a co-headline US tour with Clutch from July 8th – August 4th including a number of US festival dates. Today, the band are pleased to announce their return to Europe for a headline run in the autumn, kicking off in Norwich, England on October 14th and wrapping up November 10th in Nuremberg, Germany. Support bands will be announced at a later date.
- Mon 14th Oct – NORWICH (UK) UEA
- Tue 15th Oct – BRISTOL (UK) O2 Academy
- Thu 17th Oct – GLASGOW (UK) Barrowland
- Fri 18th Oct – MANCHESTER (UK) Academy
- Sat 19th Oct – BIRMINGHAM (UK) O2 Academy
- Sun 20th Oct – LONDON (UK) O2 Academy Brixton
- Tue 22nd Oct – BRUSSELS (BEL) AB
- Wed 23rd Oct – AMSTERDAM (HOL) Melkweg
- Fri 25th Oct – OBERHAUSEN (GER) Turbinenhalle
- Sat 26th Oct – BERLIN (GER) Huxleys
- Mon 28th Oct – HELSINKI (FIN) Circus
- Wed 30th Oct – STOCKHOLM (SWE) Fryshuset
- Thu 31st Oct – OSLO (NOR) Rockefeller
- Fri 1st Nov – KARLSTAD (SWE) Nojesfabriken
- Sat 2nd Nov – COPENHAGEN (DEN) Amager Bio
- Mon 4th Nov – WARSAW (POL) Stodola
- Tue 5th Nov – LEIPZIG (GER) Werk 2
- Wed 6th Nov – MUNICH (GER) – Tonhalle
- Fri 8th Nov – LAUSANNE (SWI) Les Docs
- Sat 9th Nov – PRATTELN (SWI) Z7
- Sun 10th Nov – NUREMBERG (GER) Loewensaal
Tickets go on general sale at 9am on Friday, 28th June. Tickets for the UK dates can be bought online via https://www.livenation.co.uk/