King King, the Glaswegian blues rockers, who have been going from strength to strength in recent years, are pleased to announce their new drummer Andrew Scott. This news comes in the wake of bassist Lindsay Coulson’s departure (whose replacement was revealed at last month’s Glasgow show).
A favoured session player for many years and a graduate of Berklee College Of Music in Boston, MA, Scottish born and bred Andrew has toured with the likes of Paul Gilbert (Mr. Big) amongst others.
Alan Nimmo comments:
Andrew is one of Scotland’s finest players and one hell of nice young lad! We are very lucky to have someone of this pedigree and skill stepping in to the band.
Andrew will join the band on their upcoming European dates and will also enter the studio this summer to record King King’s fifth studio album. The new album will be the follow-up to 2017 album Exile & Grace.
King King tour France, Norway and the Netherlands from late March onwards. The band play The Picturedrome in Holmfirth on May 10th, followed by KK’s Steel Mill in Wolverhampton on May 11th.
The band also join Joe Bonamassa’s Keeping the Blues Alive At Sea Mediterranean Blues Cruise which takes in Barcelona, Spain, Monte Carlo in Monaco and Valletta in Malta from August 16-21.
- Festival Jazz en Nord, Marcq en Baroeul, France – Thursday 28 March
- La Traverse, Cleon, France – Friday 29 March
- Retro Bar og Livescene, Gjøvik, Norway – Thursday 4 April
- Kulturhuset Banken, Lillehammer, Norway – Friday 5 April
- Outlaw Cruise, Stena Line, Norway – Denmark – Saturday 6 April
- Grenswerk, Venlo, Netherlands – Thursday 18 April
- Flux, Zaandam, Netherlands – Friday 19 April
- Hilhoef, Tilburg, Netherlands – Saturday 20 April
- Dru Cultuurfabriek, Ulft, Netherlands – Sunday 21 April
- The Picturedome, Holmfirth, UK – Friday 10 May
- KK’s Steel Mill, Wolverhampton – Saturday 11 May
- Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands – Sunday 9 June
- Ribs N Blues Festival, Raalte, Netherlands – Monday 10 June
- Le Toit Rouge, Montélimar, France – Friday 14 June
- Rock Festival, Barcelona, Spain – Friday 5 July
- Festival Guitare en Scene, Saint-Julien en Genevois, France – Thursday 11 July
- Keeping The Blues Alive At Seas: Mediterranean, Spain – Monaco – Malta – Friday 16 August – Wednesday 21 August
Header image by Graham Milne