By no means a traditional folk-punk band, Roughneck Riot are pleased to announce that their new album Out Of Anger will be released on 13th October via legendary Manchester zine-turned-record-label TNS Records.
The 6 piece from Warrington, UK have been making their mark on the punk scene for nearly a decade with their heavy, melodic sound. Drawing influence from a host of folk, punk and hardcore bands, they’re intent on doing their bit to highlight the socio-political issues of the 21st Century to a brand new generation of punks.
“We’re reinventing and rewriting folk music to make sense to our lives today. We write music for people; regardless of race, nationality, age, gender or sexuality.The past 2 years have been quite ridiculous in the UK. We’ve been mostly writing when something has made us angry.”
There’s a disgusting amount of fascism and racism in the UK and Europe and we’ve included some more personal tales from our own lives too – Sam (accordion) has even rewritten an old song about Fox Hunting to be a tribute to the Hunt Saboteurs of the UK. We are a voice amongst many in the scene that’s ready to be heard. We are here to play folk punk music. From nowhere and everywhere, this is our day.”
Since their early inception in 2005, Roughneck Riot have evolved into one of the most unique folk punk bands on the UK circuit, praised for their energetic live shows, constant touring and hard graft in the punk scene.
The new album, recorded at Jaraf House studios in Wigan, is testament to their relentless work ethic and carries more than a fistful of influence from The Levellers, Against Me!, Bad Religion and Dick Gaughan.
Watch the video for previous single “Ignorance Is Easy” below.
UK Live Dates:
- August 24th – 3 Chords Festival, Cornwall
- August 30th – Blade fest
- September 25th – Yorkshire House, Lancaster
- September 27th – Bannermans, Edinburgh
- September 28th – The Black Bull, Gateshead
- September 29th – The Pack Horse, Leeds
- October 1st- Venue TBA, Leicester
- October 2nd – The Maze, Nottingham
- October 4th- Lock Stock and Barrel Festival, Burton
- October 9th- Venue TBA, Reading
- October 10th – Venue TBA, Plymouth
- October 11th – The Lower George, Gloucester
- October 12th – The Adam and Eve, Birmingham
- October 23rd – Lady Luck, Canterbury