Metal Blade Records is proud to announce three Powerwolf releases for June, 24th. First off there will be “The History Of Heresy”, a massive boxset containing two CDs and one DVD and then some!
[NOTE: the box set and the order page are billing this as “The History of Heresy I: 2004-2008” which implies there’s more to come! MOSH]
Scroll down to check out the song “Saturday Satan”, then go to their Metal Blade page for pre-order options [unless you’re in the UK in which case you want to go here. The link on the MB page is broken – and the product on this link includes an exclusive canvas bag!].
The box set includes:
- Special sized hardcover box with embossment, faint laminated
- 112-page hardcover book with liner notes, retrospective, tour and studio reports, all written by the band members. Loads of previously unpublished photos
- Three coversleeves
- Lupus Dei CD including five live bonustracks
- Return In Bloodred CD including three live bonustracks
- The Wacken Worship bonus-DVD
- Five photo cards with info on each band member
“Feels great to feature our early works in the form of such a great boxset. Working on the book “The history of heresy” brought back so many great memories – and more than ever taught us to be grateful. Grateful for having such wonderful fans and such great supporters, without whom none of this would have happened. Still hard to believe we’re around since 10 years now already, but releasing such a great package box is probably the best way to celebrate such an anniversary. Hope you all enjoy reading the book, while listening to the roots of Powerwolf – and we hope to see you all at Out and Loud Festival on May 29th, where we’ll celebrate our 10th anniversary with a very special headliner show!”
Additionally, and for the first time ever, Lupus Dei and Return In Bloodred will be released as Picture Discs on June, 24th in an edition of 500 copies each.