I caught up with him after their set at Audio in Glasgow (review elsewhere on the site) and, thankfully, he’d showered first. No offence, but wading through a 40-minute set wearing twelve pounds of leather armour is going to make anyone a bit sweaty.
We videoed the interview as well, but the footage was far too dark to make it worth putting up on YouTube. However, the audio recording courtesy of the basic Voice Recorder app on my mobile was perfect. It’s down below, but stretched to just shy of an hour. Maurizio is a hell of an interesting and easy to talk to guy and we both rattled on for far longer than we planned.
In the interview we discuss:
- Where the band came from
- Where it’s going to
- What it’s like wearing all that armour
- If Ex Deo’s success has impacted on Kataklysm
- The battle prowess of various Egyptian/Roman armies, gods and leaders
- Keeping your kids in line
- Experiences on the road
- Roman history
- other stuff I can’t remember!