While London groove-prog metallers Red Method get ready to go back on the road in Europe and the UK this Autumn, they’ve found some extra time to get in the studio and cover one of their favourite songs off one of their collective favourite albums. Delivering a blistering cover of Nirvana’s “Heart Shaped Box”, Red Method pay tribute to the iconic song from the In Utero album, originally released September 21st 1993.
This is just something we put together to commemorate the day an album came out that changed popular music as we know it. In Utero was an album that taught us that music didn’t have to be polished to be good. It can be messy, noisy, mainstream and successful.
Singer Jeremy Gomez adds:
I agree. In Utero has had a massive effect on us all whether we realise it or not. We are very proud of this cover and can’t wait for everyone to hear it. “Heart Shaped Box” resonates with all the members in the band so it was really easy to get everyone back in the studio to celebrate 26 years since the release of this gem.
Drummer Fred Myers concurs:
Oh yeah… We had a lot of fun putting together this cover. The tracks deep and dark themes lent itself to be interpreted in our own heavy way. We all just hope we did the song justice!
Red Method are going to be hitting the road this October and November in Europe and the UK.
None of us can wait to hit the road again after such strong set of summer festivals and tours. We’re going to be playing Spain and doing a few stints in the UK too so come say hi and buy me a pint!
Catch Red Method on the road this Autumn:
- 19/10/2019 – Madrid – TBC
- 20/10/2019 – Plaza Del Carmen – Rock Morgul Bar
- 21/10/2019 – 23/10/2019 – Press tour
- 24/10/2019 – TBC – TBC
- 25/10/2019 – TBC – TBC
- 26/10/2019 – Vigo – Master Club
- 30/10/2019 – London – Black Heart ***Supporting Blood Red Throne***
- 16/11/2019 – Hitchen – Club 85 ***Supporting Voices***
- 22/11/2019 – Bournemouth – The Anvil
- 23/11/2019 – Cheltenham – The Frog And Fiddle
- 24/11/2019 – Manchester – Satans Hollow
- 08/02/2020 – Reading – The After Dark Club