Our in-house Photo Editor is the first to regale us with her “Best of” picks for 2018. We’ve plenty more to follow as we all give our opinions and if past years are anything to go by, we’ll all come up with something very different! Agree / disagree? Comment on here or facebook with your own choices…
Best album(s) of 2018:
- The Last Band – Hisingen
- Marmozets – Knowing What You Know Now
- Parkway Drive – Reverence
- Blessthefall – Hard Feelings
- Bury Tomorrow – Black Flame
- Machine Head – Catharsis
Best gig(s) of 2018:
- Machine Head at The Roundhouse
- Slayer / Lamb of God at Wembley Arena
- Halestorm at Brixton Academy
- Marmozets at Kentish Town Forum
- Sólstafir at Vulkan Arena, Oslo
Best music-related memory:
- Winning the Amateur category at the Event Photography Awards
- Being in the photopit (and therefore very close to the stage and speakers) when Lamb Of God played one of my favourite songs “Walk With Me In Hell”
Worst music-related memory:
Having beer thrown over me and my camera at the Trivium show at Brixton Academy.
Parkway Drive – ”Prey”
What are you looking forward to in 2019?
- The new Rammstein album and seeing them play some of the new songs live
- Seeing Parkway Drive live for the first time
- Seeing Behemoth play Kentish Town Forum
- Hopefully a new Baroness album and tour
- Hopefully a new Lindemann album and tour
Parkway Drive. They were headlining the Metalhammer Golden Gods back in June but I left before they played, which turned out to be a huge mistake as just days later I saw people’s videos of their show and it just blew me away. I have been a huge fan ever-since!
Overall view of the year:
In 2018 there have been some brilliant albums as well as some excellent tours. I have been lucky enough to photograph some of my all-time favourite bands, and I was also delighted to be appointed Photo Editor at The Moshville Times.