Best Albums (Top 5)
1. Marduk – Frontschwein
2. Melechesh – Enki
3. Katatonia – Sanctitude
4. My Dying Bride – Feel The Misery
5. Joe Satriani – Shockwave Supernova (review)
Best Live Show (Top 5)
1. Marduk / Belphegor / Bliss of Flesh / Ethereal – Audio, Glasgow (25th Feb 2015)
2. Joe Lynn Turner – The Classic Grand, Glasgow 23.07.15 (review)
3. Robin Trower / Joanne Shaw Taylor – The Arches, Glasgow (04th April 2015) (review)
4. Tim “Ripper” Owens – O2ABC2 Glasgow, 25.07.15 9 (review)
5. Kenny Wayne Shepherd / Ben Poole band – O2 ABC, Glasgow (12.04.15) (review)
It’s a toss up between Ivory Blacks, Glasgow and Dreadnoughtrock, Bathgate as they both support up and coming bands. There are so many good venues in Scotland that it’s almost impossible to choose, though.
For me personally it would be when I was told I had the opportunity to interview Joe Lynn Turner. It was great to meet someone of that stature in rock, and he was also a very friendly bloke.
Worst news, that’s related to music, would be the Paris shooting where many rock fans, and others, lost their lives.
Things to look forward to in 2016
2016 looks like being a great year. Septic Flesh are playing Glasgow, a band I’ve been into since their first album but never managed to see them. Therion are also touring who I haven’t seen in many years. I’m also looking forward to seeing Overkill again. Graig Goldy (ex-Dio) is working on a new project so hoping to hear a new album from that.