German rockers Fiddler’s Green dropped their new album Heyday at the start of March and it’s a belter. Check out the video for “No Anthem” with echoes of Die Toten Hosen below.
For almost 30 years, Fiddler’s Green have been playing the role of the indomitable Gaulish Village among Germany’s indigenous rock bands. Their form of resistance against mainstream musical practices? Playing rocked-up Irish music as a German band. Where in the beginnings they were at times met with belittling smiles, the sextet nowadays is sitting prettier than ever and can rightfully claim to be one of the country’s most successful bands.
To celebrate, the band have given us a cracking prize package. Which you’ll have to prise out of our hands as our boss really wants it for himself… Included are:
- 1 Limited Deluxe Edition CD
- 1 T-Shirt (Large)
- 1 Lanyard
- 1 Patch
- 1 Button
- 4 Stickers
To be in with a chance of having this package drop through your actual mailbox, answer the following question and mail your answer to [competition closed]. The competition will close at midday on Saturday 6th April.
In what year did Fiddler’s Green release the album before Heyday? You may find this link useful ;)
- One entry per person.
- We will only despatch the prize to a UK address (because we’re cheapskates), so if you’re outside the UK you’re very welcome to enter but you’ll need a mate who lives here to forward it on for you!
- Only entries sent to the email address above will be counted.
- At lunchtime on Saturday 6th April 2019, we’ll pick one winner randomly from the correct answers. We may use dice, pluck names from a hat or chuck darts at a list. I don’t know yet. But it will be random and fair.
- In the case that a winner doesn’t respond within 48 hours, a second draw will be made and so on.
- Your details (name / email / address) will be used for the purpose of sending you your prize and for no other purpose. They will not be passed onto any third party (other than the Post Office for obvious reasons).
- Editor’s decision is final. Prize consists of the list of prizes above. No cash alternative. Why do they always say that in rules? If you want to win money you’d buy a lottery ticket. Duh.
- No correspondence will be entered into. Whatever the hell that means. But it won’t be, whatever it is.
- Do not fold, spindle or mutilate.
- Why are you still reading this? Get your entry in!