Released at the tail end of last week, the 10th Anniversary edition of Nikki Sixx’s The Heroin Diaries features exclusive new chapters, a new cover and never-before-seen photos. Accompanying it is a soundtrack album by Sixx:A.M., also originally released a decade ago, and both are as timely as ever. The album also has new content – new artwork, personal notes from the band and three newly re-imagined tracks: “Life Is Beautiful 2017”, “Accidents Can Happen 2017”, and “Girl With Golden Eyes 2017”.
As the United States finds itself in the throes of a devastating modern opioid epidemic, Sixx’s recovery advocacy and honesty about the reality of addiction provide a window into the reality of heroin and opioid dependency. The iconic rock artist recently penned a powerful OpEd in the Los Angeles Times and appeared on MSNBC’s “The Beat With Ari Melber” to shed further light on the subject.
Sixx has also launched an interactive heatmap to further the dialogue and shed light on the personal stories of those struggling with addiction. The Heatmap serves as an interactive place where people can pin their locations and share their stories of addiction and recovery. They can share a personal story as part of the diary section (anonymously), read other diary entries, and view the current state of the epidemic in data form.
As the creative force behind a multitude of projects, Sixx never stops inventing new ways to express himself and continues to unveil his unusual points of view with new projects. Mediums such as his photography, books, radio shows, TV projects, music and others have given Sixx the ability to fully develop as an artist.
Sixx’s first ever photography exhibition, in collaboration with Leica Camera, entitled Conversations with Angels is now on display at Leica Gallery Los Angeles with plans to expand to other cities next year. Proceeds from all sales of Nikki Sixx’s gallery exhibits depicting homelessness will benefit Covenant House California, Los Angeles to raise funds for a photography room & program for Covenant House residents.
Sixx will wrap up his #1 syndicated rock iHeartRadio show Sixx Sense with Nikki Sixx December 31, 2017 to focus on new projects including the Broadway adaptation of The Heroin Diaries.
Now… fancy winning a copy of each? We’ve got a book/CD package to give away! Simply answer the following question and send your name and answer to ku.oc1563717742.elli1563717742vhsom1563717742@seir1563717742aiDni1563717742oreH1563717742 before lunchtime on November 10th…
Sixx used to be in a fairly nondescript band called Mötley Crüe. What instrument did he play while a member of that band?
Terms and conditions
- Deadline for entries is midday on Friday 10th November, 2017.
- One entry per person.
- Entrants must be 16 or over and have a UK mailing address to receive the prize.
- Only entries sent to the email address above will be counted.
- If you win, we’ll need your address. This will only be used to send you your prize and for no other purpose.
- Editor’s decision is final. Prize consists of the book and the album. No cash alternative. Why do they always say that in rules? If you want to win money you’d buy a lottery ticket. Duh.
- No correspondence will be entered into. Whatever the hell that means. But it won’t be, whatever it is.
- Correct entries will be pulled from a hat/mug/dog’s water dish and the winner informed by email shortly after.
- In the event that the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a second winner will be chosen and so on until someone replies to our email.
Header image by Dustin Jack