Galactic Empire, the costume-wearing heavy metal Star Wars theme-music-playing madmen, will be hitting the UK in February for a 16-date (Kessel) run. They’re touring these rescheduled dates to support the launch of their self-titled album which comes out on February 3rd.
We have a pair of places on the guest list available to anyone who can get to the Edinburgh (11th Feb, Opium) or Glasgow (12th Feb, ABC2) shows – the winner can choose which particular hive of scum and villainy they’d prefer to attend.
Now this is a band that exudes fun in the same way that Jabba the Hutt exudes body odour, so it makes sense that we have a fun competition. Follow this link to our facebook post and reply to it with a Star Wars related photo you took yourself, then like and share the post around… well, the entire galaxy.
It can be you in your official 501st Legion regalia. It can be a daft picture using the Star Wars mobile app. It can be your dog dressed as an AT-AT. It could be your mint collection of 278 Palitoy stormtroopers. We’ll pick the best at the end of the month and award the two guest list places – so you can take a friend or companion droid. As a hint, the likely winner will probably make us go “wow”, “aw, cute” or laugh.
If you’re not north of the Empire’s defensive wall (or if you don’t win), then there are plenty of other chances to catch the spacebound thrills of Galactic Empire:
- Wed-1-Feb London UK 02 Academy Islington
- Thu-2-Feb Southampton UK Joiners
- Fri-3-Feb Milton Keynes UK The Craufurd Arms
- Sat-4-Feb Brighton UK Patterns
- Sun-5-Feb Plymouth UK The Hub
- Mon-6-Feb Bristol UK Fleece
- Tue-7-Feb Cardiff UK Globe
- Wed-8-Feb Birmingham UK Academy 3
- Thu-9-Feb Leamington Spa UK Zephyr Lounge
- Fri-10-Feb Manchester UK Satans Hollow
- Sat-11-Feb Edinburgh UK Opium
- Sun-12-Feb Glasgow UK ABC2
- Mon-13-Feb Newcastle UK Academy2
- Tue-14-Feb Reading UK Sub89
- Wed-15-Feb Oxford UK Academy2
- Thu-16-Feb Derby UK The Venue
Rules, regulations and all that boring stuff
- Deadline for entries is midday on Sunday 29th January, 2017.
- Only entries posted to the facebook entry linked above (and here) will count.
- Entries only count if the entrant has also shared the competition post on facebook.
- We’ll need your real name so they can confirm your identity at the box office. Both venues are age restricted (ABC2 14+, Opium haven’t got details on their website at the time of writing) so it’s up to you to be sure that if you win, you (and your guest) can get in.
- The winning entry will be picked by the editorial team with final decision resting with the Editor in Chief. The winner will be informed on Sunday 29th January by facebook message and by their tagged photo being re-posted on the Moshville Times facebook page.
- In the event that the winner can’t be contacted / doesn’t respond within 48 hours, a second place winner will be awarded and so on until the tickets find a home.
- Moshville Times reserves the right to use any and all entries for publicity purposes.
- Editor in Chief’s decision is final. No cash alternatives. Prize consists of the winner and a “plus one” on the guest list – you have to make your own way to and from the venue as well as feed yourself, etc. We’re not made of credits! ;)