If you’ve been looking for a reason to get your moshing body into shape for the summer gigs and the festival season, here are five excellent tours coming your way sooner than you think!
Prog metal overlords Voivod have announced a week long jaunt across the UK in support of their recently released Post Society EP following 2013’s acclaimed Target Earth. No doubt this will include material spanning their fantastic career. Anyone remotely interested in the weird and wacky element in metal should be at one of these shows!
- 13th June – Waterfront, Norwich
- 14th June – Audio, Glasgow
- 15th June – Riverside, Newcastle
- 16th June – Temple Of Boom, Leeds
- 17th June – The Dog House, Nottingham
- 18th June – Underworld , London
Following the release of Loathe’s The Cold Sun and Harbinger’s single “The End Of Time”, the bands will embark on an extensive tour through the end of August and the beginning of September. The shows will be promoting Harbinger’s newest EP release Human Dust, out June 16th and obviously Loathe’s new album. If the quality of the Harbinger’s EP is the same as “The End Of Time”, these shows will be incredible.
- 23th August – The Lab, Northampton
- 24th August – O’Rileys, Hull
- 25th August – Jumpin’ Jacks, Newcastle
- 26th August- Audio, Glasgow
- 27th August – Live Rooms, Chester
- 28th August – Maze, Nottingham
- 29th August – The Flapper, Birmingham
- 30th August – The Exchange, Bristol
- 31st August – The Scene, Swansea
- 1st September – Underground, Plymouth
- 2nd September – Anvil, Bournemouth
- 3rd September – Sanctuary, Basingstoke
- 4th September – The Black Heart, London
- 5th September – Hope And Ruin, Brighton
Of Dark And Light, the newest studio outing by apocalyptic metallers Suffocation will drop June 9th via Nuclear Blast. A concise string of UK dates entitled “Beyond The Dark Light European Tour 2017” will show off some of the new songs in late August. If you’re into the heavier end of metal, this is right up there.
- 27th August – Bierkeller, Bristol
- 28th August – O2 Academy, Sheffield
- 29th August – Audio, Glasgow
- 30th August – Riverside, Newcastle
- 31st August – Underworld, London
This Autumn, renowned rocker Ginger Wildheart will lead the mutated trio through the UK, promoting the third release from the experimental group, Dark Black. We have come to expect the best from Ginger but with Devin Townsend and Phil Campbell appearing on the record in a project described as “malevolent art terrorism” by Prog magazine, this will again go above and beyond the call of duty, making for a brilliant night out.
- 27th October – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
- 29th October – Deaf Institute, Manchester
- 30th October – Stereo, Glasgow
- 31st October – Riverside, Newcastle
- 1st November – Underworld, London
- 2nd November – Globe, Cardiff
- 3rd November – Sticky Mikes, Brighton
Finally for something a little mellower. Vintage Trouble will hit the UK again at the end of this month into June with Laurence Jones as support and a brand spanking new single; “Knock Me Out” to show off alongside a new album coming out sometime later this year. These guys are always good fun so get yourself to one of the following shows.
- 28th May – Bearded Theory Festival, Derbyshire
- 30th May – Phoenix, Exeter
- 31st May- SWX, Bristol
- 1st June – Tramshed, Cardiff,
- 2nd June – De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill on Sea
- 4th June – Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton
- 6th June – O2 Ritz, Manchester
- 8th June – O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, London