Do not panic! There are some good tours here but the majority of them are half a year away so you have plenty of time to gather the shrapnel. There’s a really mixed bag of stuff from the eclectic world of rock and metal, some contemporary, some classic but certainly something for everyone.
First up are the Illinois quartet who need no introduction, but we’ll give them one anyway; it’s iconic US rockers Cheap Trick who will hit the UK for a short 3 date run. Coming off the back of their most recent album, Bang, Zoom, Crazy… Hello, their 17th studio release, we will be in for no surprises… (unless they brought out Steel Panther to do a duet for “She’s Tight”).
- Tue 27th – London, O2 Kentish Town Forum
- Wed 28th – Manchester, Academy
- Thu 29th – Bristol, O2 Academy
Tickets are on sale this Friday (24th of March) at 10am.
Tax The Heat
This is more of a reminder than an announcement as we put a short post out on this when it was first announced earlier this month. Some of the dates are guests to Royal Republic but even there you’re sure to be treated to a riffy, energetic show so get down to one of these dates below!
- 30th – Garage,Glasgow (Guests to Royal Republic)
- 31st – Academy 2, Manchester (Guests to Royal Republic)
- 1st – Electric Ballroom,London (Guests to Royal Republic)
- 19th – Joiners, Southampton
- 20th – Bodega, Nottingham
- 21st – Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton
- 24th – Corporation, Sheffield
- 26th – Think Tank Underground, Newcastle
- 5th – Thekla, Bristol
Tickets are on sale now and are still available which is surprising at a modest £8 per head.
Peter Hook and The Light
Performing both Substance albums by Joy Division and New Order, Peter Hook and The Light are bringing their show to the UK and Ireland for a few weeks. This run of dates will end in a final show at The Roundhouse in London which will feature Joy Divisions’ two albums in full along with a support set of New Order material. Sounds like a quaint evening doesn’t it?
- Thurs 30th – Dolans Warehouse, Limerick
- Fri 1st – Academy, Dublin
- Sat 2nd – Limelight 1, Belfast
- Thurs 7th – The Waterfront, Norwich
- Fri 8th – City Hall, Salisbury
- Sat 9th – Marble Factory, Bristol
- Thurs 14th – Slade Rooms, Wolverhampton
- Fri 15th – Academy 1, Manchester
- Sat 16th – Warehouse 25, Wakefield
- Mon 18th – The Roundhouse, London
Tickets are on sale this Friday also (24th March).
Returning to our scene with the new album Confessions after being dropped by Nuclear Blast last year, Sonic Syndicate are out for a brief jolly across the UK. Perhaps brief is an understatement here – they will play the O2 ABC2 in Glasgow on the 12th of April, then scoot to London to play the hallowed Underworld on the 15th of April. Luckily between these, they cover 95% of where the Moshville Crew are stationed so we hope to see you there!
And last but by absolutely no means least, Satyricon will hit Europe this September/October for a run of shows coinciding with the release of a new album that will arrive shortly before the tour begins. Unfortunately there will be but one UK show at Heaven in London on the 29th of September which may cause an issue for the diehards among you.
If it’s of any consolation, there will no doubt be a full UK tour in due time with the release of the new album. For the time being though you will just have to suffer!
Tickets for the show are on sale now.