As leaked earlier this week, Iron Maiden will be travelling around the UK in May next year with twelve stadium dates. The complete poster is attached for reference and all their 2017 European dates are below. Note that no more European dates will be added in 2017. That’s yer lot.
Tickets are on-sale from 9am on Friday 30th September priced at £57.50 / £49.50 / £46 regionally and £57.50 / £50 / £48 for London (subject to per-ticket charge plus order processing fee) and are available from livenation as electronic purchases which can’t be re-sold at a higher value, as per this story from the other day.
Additionally, after great feedback to last year’s North American trial of the concept, Maiden fans in the UK will, for the first time, be able to enjoy a Trooper VIP Upgrade package that will allow them early access to the venue, a pile of Trooper goodies and Maiden swag, Trooper beers, food and a designated area to meet with other fans, together with the opportunity to win some great prizes. The upgrade packages are available at £140 from www.troopervip.com. The concert ticket must be purchased separately.
Steve Harris had this to say:
As it’s been so long since our last full UK arena tour, we really wanted to get to our fans in as many cities as possible. We’re really looking forward to it, especially visiting places we haven’t been to for a very long time like Leeds where we haven’t played since 2005 and Liverpool where we haven’t played since 1990. The whole band is really enjoying this tour and although we love playing festivals and stadiums, it is terrific to return to the intimacy and atmosphere of arenas. The songs from The Book Of Souls album and the new Maya-themed Eddies and stage sets have gone down really well and fan reaction has been amazing. And of course we know our fans appreciate us playing a lot of the older songs too, which we will continue to do.
Support comes from Shinedown, whose guitarist Zach Myers said:
Iron Maiden are the kings of metal and one of the greatest live bands of all time. It’s an honour to be touring with them in Europe and in their home country and to play in front of their fans. We can’t wait to see you in 2017!!!
The dates in full:
- Apr 22 Belgium – Antwerp, Sportpaleis
- Apr 24 Germany – Oberhausen, König-Pilsener-Arena
- Apr 28 Germany – Frankfurt, Festhalle
- May 02 Germany – Hamburg, Barclaycard Arena
- May 04 England – Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena
- May 06 Ireland – Dublin, 3arena
- May 08 England – Manchester, Arena
- May 10 England – Sheffield, Arena
- May 11 England – Leeds, First Direct Arena
- May 14 England – Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena
- May 16 Scotland – Glasgow SSE Hydro Arena
- May 17 Scotland – Aberdeen, AECC GE Oil & Gas Arena
- May 20 England – Liverpool, Echo Arena
- May 21 England – Birmingham, Barclaycard Arena
- May 24 Wales – Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena
- May 27 England – London, O2 Arena