More tour news as we approach the annual post-festival silly season of November. In past years we’ve had ridiculous situations such as eight or nine major bands playing in Glasgow in a single week. Two years ago, we had no fewer than six major headline shows to pick from in a single evening. Time to start plotting things on your calendar…
Cunningly skipping November by playing in October then December are Twin Atlantic. The second “half” of the tour includes three dates at hometown venue Glasgow Barrowlands – I don’t recall any band doing this before! They’ll be supporting their new album GLA (probably not a coincidence that this is the airport code for Glasgow), due out on September 9th.
Ticket pre-sale begins tomorrow (11th) via their website, and general sale on the 15th of July.
- 7th October Newcastle – University
- 8th October Manchester – Neighbourhood Festival
- 9th October Cardiff – Y Plas
- 11th October Birmingham – Institute
- 12th October London – Forum
- 14th October Portsmouth – Pyramids
- 15th October Leeds – Beckett University
- 16th October Norwich – Waterfront
- 10th December Dublin – Academy
- 11th December Belfast – Limelight
- 13th December Glasgow – Barrowlands
- 14th December Glasgow – Barrowlands
- 15th December Glasgow – Barrowlands
The ARW world tour features previous Yes members Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman and will be starting in the US in October before hitting the UK in March 2017. Joining them on stage will be Lee Pomeroy (bass), Louis Molino III (drums) and Gary Cambra (multi-instrumentalist).
Tickets for all dates below are available now from the band’s tour site.
- Sun/Mar-12 Cardiff, UK Cardiff Arena
- Mon/Mar-13 Birmingham, UK Birmingham Symphony Hall
- Wed/Mar-15 Brighton, UK Brighton Dome
- Thu/Mar-16 Bournemouth, UK Bournemouth International Centre
- Sun/Mar-19 London, UK London Hammersmith Apollo
- Tue/Mar-21 Nottingham, UK Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
- Wed/Mar-22 Edinburgh, UK Edinburgh Usher Hall
- Fri /Mar-24 Glasgow, UK Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- Sat/Mar-25 Manchester, UK Manchester Apollo
Hungarian epic alt. rockers Ann my Guard return to the UK next month, touring in support of their upcoming album Ourania.
The band’s frontwoman, Eszter Baumann-Toth comments:
We’re really excited to be returning to the UK! We made some great friends last time we were in the UK and we’re looking forward to meeting old and new friends alike!
Ann My Guard’s UK dates are as follow:
- 15/8 – PORTSMOUTH – The Golden Eagle
- 16/8 – NEWCASTLE – Trillians
- 17/8 – WHITCHURCH – Percy’s Cafe
- 18/8 – COVENTRY – The Arches
- 19/8 – BRIDLINGTON – The Boiler Room
- 20/8 – LONDON – The Torch
A little last-minute letting you know about these – sorry – but just after releasing new EP The Hospital Party, West Yorks rockers As Sirens Fall will be hitting the road from tomorrow. Joining them will be The Rooz and Elements. Dates are as follows:
- 11th July 2016 – Bristol, Stag and Hounds
- 12th July 2016 – Newcastle, Jumpin Jack’s
- 13th July 2016 – Birmingham, The Flapper
- 14th July 2016 – London, The Black Heart
- 15th July 2016 – Southampton, Joiners
- 16th July 2016 – Leeds, Key Club