A few dates to announce / remind you of in addition to the huge Alter Bridge announcement this morning.
The Essex rock band have announced plans for a 20th anniversary tour in October, as well as continuing work on Trilogy: Sentience, the follow-up to Trilogy: Dawn. On the road they’ll be joined by Aaron Buchanan & The Cult Classics and Empire. Tickets for all dates are on sale now.
- 17th – The Key Club, LEEDS
- 18th – The Rainbow Venues Live Music, BIRMINGHAM
- 19th – The Cluny, NEWCASTLE
- 20th – G2, The Garage, GLASGOW
- 21st – Sound Control, MANCHESTER
- 22nd – The Dome, Tufnell Park, LONDON
- 24th – The Fleece, BRISTOL
- 25th – The Globe, CARDIFF
- 26th – SUB89, READING
- 27th – Engine Rooms, SOUTHAMPTON
- 28th – Patterns, BRIGHTON
The Ginger Wildheart Band / Ryan Hamilton and the Traitors / Hey! Hello! / The Main Grains / Massive Wagons
With a bunch more dates added and a bit of chopping and changing of line ups depending on venue. Ginger Wildheart – who must be in line for the “Hardest Working Person in Rock” award – hits the road again this month.
Playing 18 performances in 16 days, if you include him fronting both the headliners and Hey! Hello!, he’s got the awesome Ryan Hamilton on all dates. The Main Grains, featuring ex-Wildheart Danny McCormick, will be opening at Leeds, Newcastle and Cambridge. Hey! Hello! will do the London show, while Massive Wagons will cover the remaining dates.
There are also a few dates with Hey! Hello! headlining, an acoustic show, and… oh, just check out the dates!
The Ginger Wildheart band unless stated:
- 9th – 2000Trees Festival (Hey! Hello! & Ginger Acoustic)
- 10th – T in the Park (Hey! Hello!)
- 12th – Bristol Exchange
- 13th – Leicester Musician
- 14th – Leeds Brudenell
- 15th – Glasgow Stereo
- 16th – Aberdeen Underdog
- 17th – Newcastle Trillians
- 18th – Manchester Deaf Institute – SOLD OUT
- 19th – Wolverhampton Slade Rooms
- 20th – Cambridge Portland Arms – SOLD OUT
- 21st – Cambridge Portland Arms
- 22nd – London Brooklyn Bowl (The Ginger Wildheart Band & Hey! Hello!)
- 23rd – Ramblin’ Man Fair
- 24th – Steelhouse Festival (Hey! Hello!)
The Decline / Fair Do’s
Australian skate-punk combo The Decline are heading over to our somewhat soggier shores for a summer tour. I hope they save some luggage space by leaving the sunscreen at home as they won’t be needing it!
The Decline will play six shows in the UK with Fair Do’s before heading off to Mainland Europe for an extensive run of shows throughout August. The first date coincides with the band launching a Limited Edition 12″ splattered frosted clear vinyl pressing of 2011’s Are You Gonna Eat That? album, through Pee Records.
- Jul 29 – Bristol, Exchange
- Jul 30 – Liverpool, Maguire’s Pizza
- Jul 31 – Glasgow, Nice And Sleazy
- Aug 02 – Norwich, Owl Sanctuary
- Aug 03 – Portsmouth, Edge Of The Wedge
- Aug 04 – Manchester, Retro Bar
Incredible line-up, slew of European dates, one show in the UK. People of London, I hate you. There are more dates to be added, I gather, but I would suspect they’ll be elsewhere in Europe rather than the UK.
Nov 27 – London, United Kingdom @ O2 Academy Islington
The Hot Mass got in touch to say how excited they are about being picked to open for The Menzingers in a short tour coming up in October. Singer / guitarist, Rhys Jenkins, had this to say:
We’re super excited to announce we’ll be heading out with The Menzingers later this year on their October tour of the UK, this will be our first major tour playing as Hot Mass and we can’t think of a better way to kick things off!
- 12th October – London, Scala
- 13th October – Nottingham, Rescue Rooms
- 14th October – Edinburgh, Teviot Underground
- 15th October – Leeds, Brudenell Social Club