Punk legends The Damned are celebrating 40 years together as a band with a huge number of dates across the UK and Europe, and Holmfirth Picturedrome is one of the venues. They’re playing there on August 4th and we have a pair of tickets up for grabs for the show!
They’re set to play a special extended set of all their biggest and best songs, including their famous hits ‘I Just Can’t Be Happy Today’, ‘Smash It Up’, ‘New Rose’, ‘Love Song’, ‘Neat Neat Neat’ and their 1986 cover of Paul Ryan’s ‘Eloise’.
Instrumental in kick-starting the original punk rock scene, The Damned have never been afraid to push themselves musically and throughout their years together have cruised through whatever areas of progressive, psychedelic, goth and pop rock that take their fancy.
A Damned gig is always a very special event, great songs skilfully tied up in a lively and well crafted colourful mix of alternative theatre, showmanship, humour and genuine character.
Smash it up with Dave Vanian & Captain Sensible’s original gothic punks!
To be in with chance of winning two names on the guestlist, you need to answer the following question:
What was the name of The Damned’s first album?
Simply go to the “Contact” page, select “Competition Entry” from the subject drop-down and message us your details along with the answer.
RULES AND STUFF:
- Deadline for entries is midday on Friday 22nd July, 2016.
- One entry per person.
- Only entries sent via the contact page linked above will be counted.
- We’ll need your real name so they can confirm your identity at the box office.
- Correct entries will be pulled from a hat/mug/similar thing after the names are written on bits of paper (hi-tech, eh?), and the winner informed by email later that day.
- Editor’s decision is final. No cash alternatives. Prize consists of the winner and a “plus one” on the guest list – you have to make your own way there, home and feed yourself, etc. We’re not made of money ;)