US metal monoliths Trivium are delighted to announce eleven new headline shows in the UK, kicking off in March. The dates will mark the first UK shows for the group with their new drummer, Paul Wandtke, in support of their latest album Silence In The Snow.
Two of the most common questions the band sees from fans, via their social media, are “but when are you playing my [smaller] town?” and “why do most bands only play the big cities?” For this tour therefore, Trivium have purposely eschewed the usual places like Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, and London, and will instead be bringing the metal to the following locations:
- Sun 20th Mar – Norwich UEA
- Mon 21st Mar – Ipswich Corn Exchange
- Tue 22nd Mar – Portsmouth Pyramids
- Wed 23rd Mar – Bristol O2 Academy
- Fri 25th Mar – Oxford O2 Academy
- Sat 26th Mar – Lincoln Engine Shed
- Sun 27th Mar – Leicester O2 Academy
- Tue 29th Mar – York Barbican
- Wed 30th Mar – Middlesbrough Empire
- Thu 31st Mar – Aberdeen Beach Ballroom
- Fri 1st Apr – Kilmarnock Grand Hall
Tickets go on general sale at 9am on Friday, January 15 from all good ticket agents, venues, and online via www.ticketmaster.co.uk and www.gigsinscotland.co.uk. Fan-club members can snap up tickets sooner via a Triviumworld.org pre-sale from 9am on Thursday, January 14. Special guests are to be announced.
Frontman Matt Heafy comments:
The UK was the first place to ever truly embrace Trivium and make us feel at home. I feel now – at this very moment in time – Trivium is a better live band than we have ever been. For us to pay true homage to the place who took us in first, we can now give them the Trivium they have always deserved.”
Curious about new drummer Paul Wandtke? Watch some drum cam footage of him at his very first show with the band, at Mexico’s Knotfest on December 5, 2015 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?