Following the sonic assault of “Dark Energy”, The Cult have unveiled “Deeply Ordered Chaos”, another fearless excerpt from their forthcoming new album Hidden City, out February 5th on Cooking Vinyl.
Hidden City is the tenth studio album from The Cult, produced by Bob Rock and written by Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy. The second taste taken from it, “Deeply Ordered Chaos” twists and turns on a dark, dramatic voyage through guitar, drums and strings, before building to a monumental crescendo.
Having finished their run of dates in the US with Primal Scream, the band are poised to bring their staggering live show to the UK and Ireland. The Cult play:
- Thurs 25th BRISTOL, Colston Hall
- Fri 26th MANCHESTER, Albert Hall
- Sat 27th LONDON, O2 Academy Brixton
- Mon 29th NOTTINGHAM, Rock City
- Tues 1st BIRMINGHAM, O2 Institute
- Thurs 3rd ABERDEEN, Music Hall
- Fri 4th GLASGOW, Barrowlands
- Sat 5th DUBLIN, Vicar Street
- Sun 6th BELFAST, Mandella Hall
- Tues 8th LEEDS, Beckett University
- Wed 9th NEWCASTLE, City Hall
- Thurs 10th NORWICH, UEA
Hidden City provides a metaphor for the revolt between the self and soul, which forms the framework of the album. “My place is to observe, participate and share through words and music,” says Ian Astbury. “There is no higher authority than the heart.”
The album is the final part of a trilogy that has witnessed the rebirth of the band, beginning with Born Into This (2007), followed by Choice of Weapon (2012), and culminating with the seductive Hidden City.
Header photo by Tim Cadiente.