The Finnish Folk Metal Mafia are very pleased to announce that Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow will be embarking on a co-headline tour this coming April 2016. These two powerhouses of the Finnish Folk Metal scene have once again joined forces for what promises to be an immensely entertaining evening.
Korpiklaani front man Jonne Järvelä said regarding the tour announcement:
I am so looking forward to playing with our fellow FFMM brothers, who for us are the most respected band in this genre of ours. This is a perfect combination of Finnish music and culture.
Korpiklaani fiddle played Tuomas Rounakari added:
Exactly, Moonsorrow bring the serious side of our culture and we bring in the balance by adding the festivity of midsummer nights.
The tour which will take the bands though 7 different European countries, hits the UK on 20th April at the O2 Islington Academy, London – culminating on 28th April at 1865 in Southampton. This is a tour not to be missed!
You can catch Korpiklaani & Moonsorrow at the following UK & Ireland shows:
- 20th April – O2 Islington Academy, London
- 21st April – Club Academy, Manchester
- 22nd April – The Button Factory, Dublin
- 23rd April – Limelight 2, Belfast
- 24th April – Classic Grand, Glasgow
- 25th April – Stylus, Leeds
- 26th April – Academy 2, Birmingham
- 27th April – The Fleece, Bristol
- 28th April – 1865, Southampton