British gothic power metallers Aonia, who have been hailed by the likes of Metal Hammer and Global Metal Apocalypse for their Nightwish-esque sound and use of Wagnerian warbling, have just announced the dates for their headlining UK tour with French melodic metallers Alwaid. The Sunset Symphony tour will take place in the final week of May this year, only a few weeks after Aonia support Sirenia at the Dames of Darkness Festival that same month.
This will also be Alwaid’s second jaunt into the UK, following two shows in November last year where they played in Selby and at Valkyrian Festival.
Tour dates are as follow:
- 27/5 – BRIDLINGTON – Basement
- 28/5 – LEICESTER – The Shed
- 29/5 – DUDLEY – Rock Zombie
- 30/5 – LEEDS – Temple Of Boom
- 31/5 – SHEFFIELD – South Sea Live
The Sunset Symphony tour will be in support of Aonia’s latest EP Sunchaser which was self-released by the band in July last year.
Aonia can also be seen at the following dates in May:
- 3/5 – BIRMINGHAM – Aonia Fest (Supporting Blaze Bayley)
- 9/5 – BILSTON – The Dames of Darkness Festival (Supporting Sirenia and many more)
Aonia will also be supporting Alwaid later this year on a run of European dates which are to be announced.