After the success of their 2014 studio album release, the critically acclaimed No Going Back, Punk rock legends Stiff Little Fingers are set to tour the UK in February and March 2016, with support from Ricky Warwick and The Fighting Hearts.
The band have also launched a Pledge campaign for a brand new live album. March 17, 2016 will mark the 25th anniversary of SLF’s annual St. Patrick’s Day shows at Glasgow’s Barrowland Ballroom. The Pledge campaign will see a live DVD recording of this historic occasion.
Stiff Little Fingers were formed in 1977 in Belfast, Ireland. Along with the likes of the Clash, Sex Pistols, The Jam, Buzzcocks, Undertones, Sham 69, Stranglers, et al – Stiff Little Fingers were at the forefront of the punk movement. They wrote initially about their own lives, growing up at the height of The Troubles in Northern Ireland, in songs like “Suspect Device” and “Wasted Life”.
These were the first of what became SLF’s signature style: lyrics that meld the personal and political, music that combines the energy of punk with infectious hooks, and delivery that rings of honesty and commitment. In 1979 they became the first band ever to hit the UK top 20 album charts on an independent label with their debut Inflammable Material. The band split in early ’83. During the five years they spent apart, each member pursued musical projects. But none were as satisfying, or as successful, as Stiff Little Fingers.
In ’87, Jake and Ali decided to do a few reunion shows. The audience response to the reunion shows was overwhelming; with sell-out crowds larger than any that SLF had played in their original incarnation. In ’94 they released the Get a Life LP. The album helped renew interest in SLF just as newer bands that sited them as a major influence, such as Bad Religion, Sugar, Rancid and Therapy, were coming to prominence. In August 2003, Stiff Little Fingers released their ninth studio album, the critically acclaimed Guitar and Drum on the EMI Label. This was followed by 2014’s No Going Back.
2016 UK tour dates are as follows:
- Thurs 25th Feb 2016 Oxford, o2 Academy UK
- Fri 26th Feb Portsmouth, Pyramid UK
- Sat 27th Feb Exeter, Phoenix UK
- Sun 28th Feb Cardiff, University (SOLUS) UK
- Tues 1st march Wolverhampton, Robin 2 UK
- Wed 2nd March Leamington Spa, The Assembly UJ
- Fri 4th March London, The Forum UK
- Sat 5th March Northampton, Roadmender UK
- Sun 6th March Bristol. O2 Academy UK
- Tues 8th March Cambridge, Junction UK
- Wed 9th March Norwich, Waterfront UK
- Fri 11th March Nottingham, Rock City UK
- Sat 12th March Leeds, o2 Academy UK
- Mon 14th March Aberdeen, Garage UK
- Tues 15th March Inverness, Ironworks UK
- Thurs 17th March Glasgow, Barrowlands UK
- Fri 18th March Newcastle, o2 Academy
- Sat 19th March Manchester, The Ritz UK