2015 was extremely busy for UK metal band Left For Red. Not only did they release their first full length album All Things Known And Buried but they also sold out the 02 Academy in Birmingham and played some prominent festival slots. So it’s no surprise that the release of a single from the band’s critically acclaimed album is celebrated with a launch gig all of its own.
They now enter 2016 with the announcement of a new single ‘Utopia’ which is taken from that critically acclaimed album, accompanied by a UK tour that kicks off with a special launch show back at the 02 Academy in Birmingham.
‘Utopia’ will be released on March 26th 2016, the very same day as their launch show at the 02 Academy, Birmingham where they will be joined by very special guests The Heretic Order.
Vocalist LC Decoy explains the story behind ‘Utopia’:
The song is about a false utopian world that people have been made to believe is real, but when people are shown that their world is a lie, it’s too late and they cannot handle the truth. This poses the question whether they are better off living a lie.
The story is equally matched by some splendid artwork for the single created by Andy Pilkington from Very Metal Art.
Following the launch show, Left For Red head out on a UK tour which takes them to new cities whilst also visiting some regular haunts.
Bassist Dan Carter said:
We want to push Left For Red as far as we can and by doing this extend our live work into areas we have not played before but at the same time continue building upon our fan base, so we have purposefully selected towns and cities that we would like to turn up to and show them what we are all about! We are really looking to get out there and play ‘Utopia’ and the rest of All Things Known And Buried. Some dates we are headlining while others we will be playing alongside some rock and metal legends, like Diamond Head and Onslaught. We are going to have a blast!
- 26th March – 02 Academy, Birmingham (Single release show)
- 27th March – The Prince Of Wales, Kettering (An Easter Weekend Of Rock)
- 22nd April – The Intake, Mansfield
- 29th April – The Roadhouse, Birmingham
- 30th April – The Brickmakers, Norwich (Thrashersaurus)
- 1st May – SOTS All Dayer, Telford (Supporting Diamond Head)
- 14th May – Snooty Fox, Wakefield (Supporting Ballsdeep)
- 28th May – Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove (Breaking Bands Festival)
- 29th May – The White Hart, Pontypool (Bulletfest)
- 4th June – The Rainbow, Birmingham (Remembrance Festival)
- 19th June – The Alma Inn, Bolton (A Day Of Rock)
- 12th November – The Athletic Club, Kettering (Supporting Onslaught)