Blasting straight into 2016 comes Bristol three-piece IDestroy, mixing teenage rock’n’roll rebellion with riot grrrl sensibilities, bubblegum pop melodies and a whole heap of sneering, yet charming attitude. Their debut EP, Vanity Loves Me, is released on February 26th and leads from the off with the infectiously bratty title track.
Perfectly formed at two minutes and eighteen seconds, “Vanity Loves Me” is a sizzling introduction to IDestroy. With nods to the punk-edged sounds of Sleater Kinney and The Stooges, the track features huge guitar riffs, prowling basslines and insistent drums, topped off with gloriously feisty vocals from singer/guitarist Bec Jevons.
Since forming earlier in the year, the youthful trio – completed by Becky Baldwin (bass/backing vocals) and Jenn Haneef (drums) – have built up a loyal following in their hometown, playing regularly in small but packed-out venues, and creating a genuine buzz around their local scene.
The leather-clad, pop-punkers have not been afraid to take their catchy grrrl power to bigger stages either, playing the likes of Anfi Rock Sound festival in Spain and supporting Cherie Currie (The Runaways) at Bristol Bierkeller.
2016 sees them hit the ground running with a string of upcoming dates including a very special EP launch party on February 26th at the Hydra Book Shop, Bristol.
- 31st Jan Firebug, Leicester (supporting Courtesans)
- 4th Feb The Vic, Swindon (supporting Rain)
- 18th Feb The Rainbow, Birmingham
- 27th Feb The Cons Club, Chippenham (2pm)
- 27th Feb – The Cellar, Oxford (7pm)
- 5th March – T Chances, Tottenham, London
- 6th March – Three Bridges Venue, Crawley
- 11th March The Louisiana, Bristol (supporting The Ramonas)
- 6th April – Bannemans, Edinburgh
- 7th April O’Rileys, Hull