Jared James Nichols will release the Highwayman EP via Listenable Records/ Swing House on CD and digital download in mid-September. The EP dovetails Jared’s special guest appearance on Glenn Hughes UK tour which starts October 17th at Southampton, Engine Rooms.
The EP features the lead single “We’re An American Band”, a scorching cover of Grand Funk Railroad’s 1973 single, a cover of Humble Pie’s “30 Days In The Hole”, and three new Jared James Nichols originals – “Old Glory”, “Fallin’ Down” and “Gone”. The EP is engineered, mixed and produced by Anthony Joseph Perry (son of Aerosmith’s Joe Perry), and was recorded at Swing House Studios in Los Angeles, with additional songs recorded in France at Indie Ear Studio by Mathieu Kabi.
The Highwayman EP is inspired by life on the road during a 70+ run of dates in Europe and UK earlier this year. Jared and his band wanted to release a few covers inspired by the tour along with some spontaneous original rockers to let his new fans understand where some of his influences come from as a contemporary American guitarist raised on classic rock from both sides of the Atlantic.
- We’re an American Band (*Grand Funk Railroad)
- Old Glory
- 30 Days in the Hole (*Humble Pie)
- Fallin’ Down
Tour dates with Glenn Hughes:
- Southampton, Engine Rooms Saturday October 17
- Norwich, Waterfront Monday October 19
- Newcastle, Tyne Theatre Tuesday October 20
- Belfast, Limelight Thursday October 22
- Glasgow, The Garage Friday October 23
- Holmfirth, Picturedrome Sunday October 25
- Bilston, Robin 2 Monday October 26
- York, Fibbers Wednesday October 28
- Manchester, Club Academy Thursday October 29
- London, Electric Ballroom Sunday November 1
[header image by TX63 Music Photography]