Rock icons Whitesnake are set to return with their 12th studio album this spring. The Purple Album will be released in Europe on May 15th, the UK on May 18th and in North America on May 19th via Frontiers Music SRL. The Purple Album is a re-imagination of classic songs from David Coverdale’s time as the lead singer for Deep Purple’s Mark 3 and Mark 4 studio albums.
The album is currently available for pre-order in various configurations on Amazon – Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition featuring 2 bonus tracks, 4 music videos and a behind the scenes featurette on the recording of the album, and in a double LP vinyl format. Plans are also underway for a special limited box set edition with memorabilia and merchandise. All details will be announced soon.
“It’s a tribute. A homage. It’s a huge thank you from me to Deep Purple for the opportunity I was given over 40 years ago,” says Coverdale. “As I said to Ritchie, you guys set me on an incredible journey that continues today and I couldn’t have asked for better teachers. The university of Deep Purple is an extraordinary, amazing school to learn from. We can’t wait to play these songs in concert.”
The current Whitesnake line-up is featuring David Coverdale on vocals, Reb Beach and Joel Hoekstra on guitars, Michael Devin on bass and Tommy Aldridge on drums.
Whitesnake will also be touring the UK this coming winter.
- December 6th Dublin, IE 3 Arena
- December 7th Belfast, UK Odyssey
- December 9th Newcastle, UK Metro Radio Arena
- December 10th Glasgow, UK The SSE Hydro
- December 12th Birmingham, UK Genting Arena
- December 13th Nottingham, UK Capital FM Arena
- December 15th Manchester, UK Arena
- December 16th Cardiff, UK Motorpoint Arena
- December 18th London, UK The SSE Arena Wembley
- December 19th Sheffield, UK Motorpoint Arena
A video for “Soldier of Fortune” has been released today.