Lincoln Metallers Blood Youth have launched the new video for sophomore single “Failure”, which you can see if you scroll down. Vocalist Kaya said of the track’s creation:
This is a very personal song for me because most of the lyrics are taken from notes I had written out on my phone, as a form of catharsis, and we only decided to use them as lyrics at the last minute, when we were in the studio. Failure is about realising you have hit rock bottom and the need to start over. We all go through crap in our lives, this song is about getting out of it!
The track is taken from forthcoming debut release Inside My Head, a hard hitting offering of songs that snap and snarl at the heels of their collective anxieties. Recorded at Bandit Studios in Tetbury, UK with Jonny Renshaw (Devil Sold His Soul, The Elijah), the EP will see release June 22nd via Rude Records.
With this stunning first strike in the can and coiled for attack, Blood Youth continue to focus their considerable energies on the road, following up recent tour dates with Silverstein and Polar, with festival appearances at the likes of prestigious Download and Hevy Festival and a full UK run for July scheduled.
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- June 12th – Download Festival at Donington Park
- 4th July – Mosh On The Tyne fest, Newcastle Northumbria SU
- Fri 10th July – Manchester, Satan’s Hollow w/ Trash Boat
- Sat 11th July – Glasgow, Classic Grand Lounge w/ Trash Boat
- Sun 12th July – Edinburgh, The Mash House
- Tue 14th July – Worcester, Marrs Bar w/ Trash Boat
- Wed 15th July – Chester, Live Rooms w/ Trash Boat
- Thu 16th July – Cardiff, Clwb Ifor Bach (downstairs) w/ Trash Boat
- Fri 17th July: Swansea, Shield Festival (The Scene)
- Sat 18th July – Nottingham, The Red Room w/ Trash Boat
- Mon 20th July – Tunbridge Wells, The Forum w/ Trash Boat
- Wed 22nd July – Bristol, The Exchange w/ Trash Boat
- Thu 23rd July – Southampton, Joiners w/ Trash Boat
- Fri 24th July – Peterborough, Met Lounge w/ Trash Boat
- Sat 25th July – Wolverhampton, Slade Rooms w/ Trash Boat
- August 15th – Hevy Festival at Port Lympne
- August 21st – Destruction Derby Festival – Dessau, Germany