Not here, though… It’s over at Terrorizer but here’s the all-important link! Blood Eagle is out on March 3rd.
The band are touring the UK in March and I should have an interview with them on the page shortly after their Glasgow date.
Liverpool’s inconceivably heavy doom trio have also been added to the Temples Festival 2014 which takes place between May 2nd – 4th across three stages at Motion in Bristol. They’ll join Electric Wizard, Neurosis, Clutch, Gehenna, Doom, Repulsion, Brutal Truth, Blood Ceremony and a load more. For more info: http://www.templesfestival.co.uk
Blood Eagle, the highly anticipated follow up to 2012′s planet shaking Monnos, was recorded at SkyHammer Studio by Chris Fielding, and mastered by the mighty James Plotkin (Khanate, O.L.D.), whilst the album’s stunning artwork was once again provided by artist Tony Roberts.
Conan have quickly built a reputation as being one of the heaviest bands in the blossoming UK sludge scene today, and with good reason. Their live shows have become infamous for their bowel rupturing volume and supreme heaviosity, so if you’ve never had the chance to have your eardrums pulped by the band’s monolithic riffs in the flesh, then this is one tour you certainly won’t want to miss out on!
March 2014 tour dates
- 14th NOTTINGHAM – Stuck On A Name
- 15th BOURNEMOUTH – The Anvil
- 16th BIRMINGHAM – The Asylum 2
- 17th GLASGOW – Audio
- 18th ABERDEEN – Downstairs
- 19th MANCHESTER – Kraak Gallery
- 20th CARDIFF – The Full Moon
- 21st BRIGHTON – The Prince Albert
- 22nd LONDON – Electrowerkz
- 23rd BASINGSTOKE – Mousetrap
- New Band of the Day: Conan (includes tour dates) (moshville.co.uk)
- Album Review: Conan’s Blood Eagle is Their Heaviest Release to Date (metalsucks.net)
- Review: Conan – Blood Eagle [Album] (hangout.altsounds.com)
- Conan: Blood Eagle review – macabre, Lovecraftian metal from Liverpool (theguardian.com)